Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week by week

Today is a very important day in our life. Today we know that Dita is not sick as what doctor diagnosed her two weeks ago. Instead, there is a big surprise in the tummy which is growing bigger and bigger.This could be a long post as we tried to tell you what have happened starting from the beginning.

Week 1:
Of course we never knew that this was indeed the first week of pregnancy. We just enjoyed everyday and been busy preparing Christmas Service on December 13, 2009. It was a hectic week for me since I was responsible for the event and preparing many things for the service (candle, liturgy book, songs, decoration, etc.).
The Kosin Christmas Tree Festival Pictures might be the last pictures before the first week of pregnancy.

Week 2:
Done with Christmas service at Church. Felt relief and happy. Even though many things were not properly done and not following the original plan, but it was a joyful Christmas where many people could attend our Church service. The number of guests was more than what we had expected. The Church was kind of full and crowded.

Week 3:
On Saturday (Dec 19), we went to Kosin university again to take another pictures with friends. It was a freezing night felt like -10 degree Celcius. We took tons of pictures as if we didn't want to miss every single corner at Kosin. The next day we went to Changwon, about 45mins-1 hour from Busan to attend a Christmas Service held by our Indonesian friends. I liked this trip, met many people, experienced another Christmas Service atmosphere and tasted delicious Indonesian food! Yummy.

Usually back in my hometown, we always spend Christmas Eve at Church together with family. We have a service and celebration afterward. Dec 25 is again another Christmas Service. But here in Korea, there is no Christmas Eve service and previously I heard that there was no Christmas service on Dec 25, too. So, we spent Christmas Eve together with my students watching 'Sherlock Holmes'...not a good idea though, but there was schedule conflict on that week.

Week 4:
Yeehaa! It's Christmas Day! Merry Christmas to all of you!
We had a Christmas Service at Church, even though it is a simple service but it is very meaningful for all of the congregation. We had lunch together and headed to Seomyeon (city centre) for Christmas Caroling. Some of us were singing Korean, Indonesia, Chinese Christian Songs, and the rest ofteams distribute a Christmas Wish and an Indonesian souvenir. Unforgettable experience!


At night, we were invited to come to a Christmas Service at Korean Church somewhere in Daeyon. We would sing Indonesian songs arranged by me...haha ^^...it's funny and soooooo interesting! Apparently, this service was for foreigners living in Busan because at the end of service, the drew ballots for Door Prize. The main prize was a washing machine. Woohoo! And guess...who won that first prize? hoho...San got it!


We don't need a washing machine, but we got it. The next week, San asked the shop whether we can change the washing machine into another thing that we need or we can use. Thanks God, we have some friends who willing to buy MP3s, so we can get the money instead.

This week was a hectic week. On Saturday, we made a trip to Changwon, AGAIN, for a Christmas Service, AGAIN, as we were invited by another Indonesian Church over there. The next day, we went to Daegu, which is about 2 hours from Busan. The temperature was going down and I felt so cold. Despite the cold temperature, it was a great service with Pdt. Daniel Alexander specially came to Busan to preach.

Week 5:
Happy New Year! I felt terribly tired especially after New Year's eve. We slept late, perhaps at 3am. The next day, San went to another Christmas (can't remember how many CHristmas service we had attended during December) but I had to designing something for a friend.

I still run and walked fast during this week, had tight schedule and even started join a Korean class twice a week.

This week, I noticed that I didn't get my period, but I was not surprise because there was one time it changed to 50 days. I just talked to myself to wait until the 50th. And life went on...

Week 6:
I started to feel tired and sleepy easily. If I had even only 30 minutes free time, I would choose to sleep and sleep. I used to read books in the subway but this week I was to exhausted. I lost my appetite. I didn't want to eat and just slept. Korean food became strange food to me, especially Kimchi which I loved so much previously. I often stopped in the middle of meal time and offered my-half-eaten-food to San. I missed Indonesian food so much!

Week 7:
San insisted that I had to see doctor to ask why my period was changed from normally 28 days to 50 days. Fortunately, there was a free medical check-up at PMF so we decided to check my health. The doctor took USG check-up to my tummy and found out that there was endometriosis with a small cyst. Another doctor who can speak English translated that to me. He suggested that I should meet an obstetrician and he would schedule my meeting with her the next week.

We never expected that this was a cyst and endometriosis. As I remember, none of my family had this kind of problem. But, I didn't worry too much, as I knew the size of the cyst is very small (smaller than 1x1cm) and the only medicine for this disease is 'to be pregnant'...

Doctor called that the appointment with the obstretrician was delayed one week. So we went to Ice Rink at Shinsegae. What...? Yes...Ice Skating! I got a free gift for two person, so we went there to try. I was afraid that I was going to fall. I can't ice skating but San can do it well. He said that 'Maybe you have to try to fall down once so that you won't be afraid anymore". Luckily, I didn't follow his advice. He would regret it later.


Week 8:
Everything was still the same. Tired easily, no appetite, etc.
The 50th day was during this week. My Mom called me on day and asked "Are you pregnant?". I said "No. Who told you the news?"
After talked to her, I said to myself, why don't I try to test it? I had the pregnancy test my auntie gave me before I went to Busan.
That's what happened on Monday, Jan 25. It was positive!
I can't wait anymore...I called San. He was surprised yet asked me to stay calm.
I called Mom on Tuesday, I can't hide anything from her...She urged me to see doctor as soon as possible because she worried that my pregnancy had been more than 6 weeks at that time. But I wanted to keep my promise with the doctor to see him on Sunday.

Week 9:
Finally...here is the day. The day before, we shared to our friends at night fellowship at Church that something happened with me and we're not sure what it was. So, all of them pray for my health. Thanks!
We met Dr. Shin who helped us with the translation. He told us that he was not sure if the obstetrician would really come as she had promised. He asked me to wait.

Then...you know the result already. Dita is pregnant. 8 wks pregnancy. We really thanked God for His blessing. Doctor said that the baby's heartbeat was good and everything was fine.

Thanks for all your love & support.


You made my whole being; you formed me in my mother's body.
I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way.
What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well.
You saw my bones being formed as I took shape in my mother's body.
When I was put together there, you saw my body as it was formed.
All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old.
Psalm 139:13-16

3 comments:

  1. Dita, sampe terharu bacanya. Semoga sehat selalu mommy and baby nya. Sampe lahiran lancar ga kurang suatu apapun. GBU!

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hik...hik...hiks...
    Terharu....
    Tetep semangat yah dit...
    Jaga kesehatan, bnyk isti, bnyk2 nonton film korea... Hehehe..
    God bless u n san...

    Rabbitto

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kiki: makasih ya...
    @Rabbitto: hi sister...hehe...ini terus semangat kok...cuman ga nonton film2 korea hehe...zorro

    ReplyDelete