Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hymn-Singing Celebration

When I joined a Sunday Evening English Language Fellowship, the leader raised up a question that tickling me. He asked whether we usually read a book or novel from chapter 1, chapter 2 and straight away to the final chapter. Of course not, I whispered. Then he continued with the next issue, "...so did you ever found the song leader asked you: let's sing the hymn verse 1, 2 and 5?"

Hymn, according to dictionary.com, is explained as a song or ode in praise or honor of God or something resembling this, as a speech, essay, or book in praise of someone. So, hymn is a story. The whole lyrics is purposely written as an essay telling about our God.

When I choose hymns and the verses to be sung, sometimes I do feel that those all verses are too long. That's why usually I choose two or three verses among five, or one or two verses among three. And what the leader told me on the fellowship was actually what I usually did. First verse is definitely familiar and always chosen, while final verse is the closing of the hymns so it also a best choice. I felt slapped when I realize that a hymns is indeed a story,and not to be meant singing only some verses of it.

We spent the fellowship time singing many hymns - and all in full verses! Even we prayed by singing hymns. While you sing a hymn and deeply speak the lyrics, the meaning will wonderfully explode in your heart.

Let's sing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment