Monday, November 21, 2011

Silla People Love Indonesia


I heard that Silla University will have a volunteering service in Indonesia by the end of this year. They will go to Jakarta for the service. I saw the advertisement which informed the students about the recruitment of volunteers to Indonesia. 

The university will support students for the flight tickets and accomodation but students still have to pay some amount of money. I found that the cost students need to pay is very cheap compare to the cost you have to spend for more than 1 week travellin in Jakarta by yourself or by tour. 


Apparantely the recruitment has finished and they seem are preparing things for their trip. I saw the booth set up in front of Internation Building. They encouraged Silla University students to give their love to Indonesia through donation. They were selling popcorn and cotton candies. As the payment, students can donate any amount of money to the box provided.


They plan to go to indonesia in December, 2011. This kind of volunteering service reminds me for COP (Community Outreach Project) done by Petra Christian University which I joined in 2002. It was really a great time to be able to meet many people (our team is Indonesia-Hongkong team), served and worked together. What a great memory! Until now, we still maintain a good relationship and will celebrate our reunion next year in Indonesia (exactly 10 years after the program). I wish I could join them at that time. 

You can donate any amount of money you want. 

Knowing other people care and love my country makes me ask myself what I have done to my country...


No comments:

Post a Comment